Why are people with this skin disorder choosing yellow wavelengths?
While red light therapy is the primary form of non-laser LED natural rosacea treatment, it isn’t the only color that is benefiting people with this skin condition. Yellow, also known as amber light therapy for rosacea, has been taking off in recent years.
Amber light therapy is being used for rosacea on its own as well as in combination with red light therapy. While some of the benefits of these natural skincare treatments do cross over, each color (wavelength) does come with its own strengths.
Many people who use yellow light to treat their rosacea symptoms report an overall calming of irritated skin and a reduction in redness. In fact, some people feel that the amber light reduces redness more rapidly than red light therapy.
(Check out “Natural Rosacea Treatment with Red Light Therapy” to learn more about the benefits of those wavelength)
Among the benefits that rosacea suffers have reported using amber light therapy as a component of natural rosacea treatment are:
- Improvements you can see – amber light therapy reduces redness, evens out the complexion and calms irritated skin. When used regularly, this means visible, ongoing benefits for many rosacea sufferers.
- Benefits that start working fast – no rosacea treatment is immediate, but many users of amber light therapy for rosacea find that this treatment works faster and more consistently than most other products they have ever tried.
- Quick and easy treatments – treating the entire face can be as fast as 4.5 minutes per day.
- Side effect-free – when LED amber light therapy is used according to the product directions, there are no known side effects linked to its regular use.
- Portable – both the bulb and the clamp light are light, small and durable so that you won’t have to skip out on treatments just because you won’t be at home. Toss them in a tote, suitcase or even a decent-sized handbag.
- Affordable – if you choose the Peak 589™ Amber LED Light Therapy Set from Light Therapy Options, you are protected by a 90 day money-back guarantee that makes sure that you will have enough time to test it out and know that it is the right treatment for you. It is also a product that never needs to be replaced. The bulb and lamp, when used according to the directions, should last a lifetime! This purchase is the only investment you’ll ever need to make into amber light therapy for rosacea.
How to benefit the most from amber light therapy as a natural rosacea treatment
Is amber light therapy a cure for rosacea symptoms? No. There is no cure for rosacea, no matter what people may tell you. That being the case, the key is to find the best natural rosacea treatments that will allow your symptoms to go into remission. In that way, it can feel as though you’ve cured your rosacea, even if it’s still there. The reason is that the symptoms won’t be there to bother you anymore.
Yellow light therapy can play a very important role in healing up some of the visible and non-visible symptoms of this skin condition. This is especially true when you treat your condition carefully by taking on a simple, natural rosacea treatment strategy. Don’t panic! It’s not difficult, at all.
We recommend the following rosacea skin care strategy to help to ensure that your amber light therapy is giving you the best possible benefits, to speed up your skin’s healing and to help to make sure that your symptoms don’t return:
- Identify your triggers and do your best to avoid them
- Keep cool and out of direct sunlight (discover some great tips with “Rosacea Skin Care Tips to Beat the Summer Heat”)
- Stay hydrated
- Keep up a gentle and consistent cleansing and moisturizing routine (learn more with “The Best Rosacea Skin Care Routine for Healing Symptoms“)
- Try to get a good night’s sleep on a regular basis
- Work on reducing your stress levels
- Avoid processed foods and eat a nutritionally balanced diet
While each of those points can bring you a greater advantage for healing up your rosacea symptoms and preventing your return, they’re not the only ones. They are a great place to start, introducing them gradually into your current lifestyle. The more you practice them, the faster and better your amber light therapy results will be.
Is amber light therapy right for you?
Only you and your dermatologist can decide whether red light therapy, amber light therapy, or a combination of both will be best for you.
Many rosacea sufferers who struggle with burning, stinging, itching skin and/or pimple-like bumps will often benefit from The Peak 630™ Red LED Light Therapy Set, as it focuses on reducing the inflammation behind the discomforts and healing the damaged skin. As the skin is healed and soothed, redness can gradually decrease.
For rosacea sufferers suffering exclusively from red, irritated skin, amber light therapy will often offer calming benefits as well as redness reduction that can be faster than what the red light can provide.
When all those symptoms are present, many rosacea suffers enjoy a combination of both lights for a broader range of benefits that can provide faster results.
For additional information about amber light therapy, please check out the Amber Light Therapy for Rosacea Treatment page.